Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Revolutionary Road

How do you break free without breaking apart?

The movie based on the novel by Richard Yates.

Saw the movie tonight. Now I want to read the book. .

The trailer states that the film is about American marriage.
I feel it was about more than that...

I feel it was about society. About life...About choices. A statement on women and views of women. About communication, or lack thereof. About when to be quiet. When to analyse. When to just live and pray and shut up. And stop thinking...

About being strong. About being compassionate.

Or not.

Someone said that the Wheelers, the couple portrayed by De Caprio and Winslett, should trust their home to Christ. To the Sacred Heart.

But is it really that simple?

Perhaps it is.

Be who you are and be that well.

A good vocation is simply a firm and constant will which the called person has to serve God in the way and in the places to which Almighty God has called him.

Do not fear what may happen tomorrow. The same loving Father who cares for you today will care for you tomorrow and everyday. Either he will shield you from suffering or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace then and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginings. St Frances de Sales

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

(gasp!) Thanks for that review! I was intrigued when I saw some interviews and clips but now I really have to see it!

Hopewell said...

Now I DO want to see this movie!

Julie said...

You sold me too, Leonie! Hadn't really paid much attention to it...lately I've been more in the mood for laughter when I go to the movies...but this sounds good!

Leonie said...

Don't see the film if you are depressed! Thought provoking. I just coveredmy eyes and sunk in my seat during one scene, towards the end..I knew what she was going to try and I couldn't bear to see it...Apparently no details were shown but the implication was there, so am giving a cryptic warning.