Thursday, July 27, 2006

What happy thing happened today?






Bridget asked this question at the 4 real learning forum.

It is Thursday morning here, so I pondered my Wednesday.

What happy things happened?

Luke is coming to Sydney for the weekend!

I have had fun connecting with friends via blogging.

I lost one pound. Happy dance!

I rocked and jammed to Turbo Jam Cardio Party ( "Mamma said knock you out!" L L Cool J).

I actually cooked a dinner that ( almost) everyone ate.

Other mums and I had a good laugh about our children and their ( sometimes)endearing personalities over lunch at Group Learning.

Alexander and I shared laughs over a P.G. Wodehouse book.

I enjoyed another thoughtful chapter in Scott Hahn's book "Lord Have Mercy."

And smiled over Tempe Brennan's relationship woes in Kathy Reich's "Break No Bones."

Laughed and talked with Gerry and the boys about the Dr Who episode we watched on DVD ( a birthday present for Alexander).

Completed four pages of Kumon maths problems - factorization of polynomials is fun, like working on a jigsaw puzzle.

And found a cool P.G. Wodehouse website, devoted to his novels. Emailed the link to the rest of the family.

Oh, and yes, I guess we had a happy moment or two over schoolwork - A finished his Middle Ages book ( his cover is above), T and Anny finished symbolic self portraits.

No comments: