Thursday, May 07, 2009

Today I am singing...


..No, today I am not singing the Credo.
But Ring Ring by Abba...
Well, strictly not Ring Ring but the Periodic Table of Elements, sorted by atomic number, to the tune of Ring Ring.

The elements fit. Just. Kind of. With a few ohs , with a few ands...

Why? I've taken up the challenge, taken up the gauntlet. Some of my older sons and dh have memorised the periodic table. I never did when at school - I know some of them but not all....
I was challenged, by a friend ( some friend, huh? Another homeschool mum, who else?). Challenged to learn the table in song form ..but I didn't want the Gilbert and Sullivan song presented ..I chose Abba.

Trying to persuade the younger three kids to learn it with me.

Oh-oh, iron, cobalt, nickel, copper and zinc....

5 comments:

Beate said...

Now if you'd play us an audio version.... ;-) Who, knows, I might memorize it too =)

Chris said...

What a nice friend to inspire you to expand your knowledge. lol

Leonie said...

lol Chris! And Beate - I'm having trouble with the "U" ones - Unununium?
Ununbium
Ununtrium
Ununquadium
Ununpentium
Ununhexium
Ununseptium
Ununoctium

molly said...

Impressive! I am with Beate, post the audio, we can learn it with you, well maybe!!!!

Leonie said...

You've obviously never heard me sing! lmao!