Sunday, May 03, 2009

Good Shepherd Sunday

THE PRAYER FOR VOCATIONS TO THE PRIESTHOOD AND RELIGIOUS LIFE

Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the world! We humbly beg of Thee to manifest in Thy Church the Spirit Whom Thou didst so abundantly bestow upon Thy Apostles. Call, we pray Thee, very many to Thy priesthood and to the religious life. And may zeal for Thy glory and the salvation of souls inflame those whom Thou hast chosen; may they be saints in Thy likeness, and may Thy Spirit strengthen them. O Jesus, give us priests and religious according to Thine own Heart! O Mary, Mother of Jesus! Obtain for fervent souls the grace to hear and the courage to follow thy Divine Son in the path of religious perfection. Queen of Apostles, pray for us. Queen of Virgins, pray for us.

3 comments:

Hopewell said...

I didn't get your friend invite on facebook :(
Here's my link
http://www.facebook.com/friends/?added&ref=tn#/profile.php?id=845155642&ref=profile

Hopewell said...

Interesting--I guess I should know there was a prayer for this. I'll thank you for this prayer on behalf of my Dad's cousin, Sister Mary Benet McKinney, OSB.

Leonie said...

Hey, I remember hearing about your relative...Will also have to check out your blog re AO Year 7...