Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Waitomo Caves






Drove three hours to the caves, enjoying the NZ scenery along the way. Well, sort of. Long story...

Had to take the McDonalds pic ! Like many of the homes here, even the McDs are built not of brick but of wood or weatherboard. The food was yucky though ~ had a ham salad sandwich from the McCafe and it had mayonnaise. Lots of it. I skipped lunch...

The caves were awesome - the glowworms, the structures, the boat trip in the dark, the two hour caving walking trek after

The guide asked our group to sing in a cave cathedral structure, to hear the acoustics. No one would sing ~ among strangers, I guess. So, I sang Abba and Jonathon joined in.

SOS!

6 comments:

Mary G said...

What a great image -- Leonie belting out Abba songs in a cave! Good for Jonathan for joining in ....

Chris said...

It looks like you are all having a great time. I would love to see glow worms. I'm praying for your safety as you travel.

Greg said...

Are you guys getting my texts? I sent one this morning asking how the caves went and some yesterday too.

molly said...

I prayed for your son Greg today, knowing it must be his feast day.

have fun down there, and take care of that cold!

Leonie said...

thank you!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Leonie, it looks like such a great time!