Saturday, September 13, 2008

Quotes


Today is the feast of St John Chrysostom.


A saint our family always remembers, because we have a humorous connection with this saint, his name and a friend from long ago.


And because I like his thoughts on prayer ~ It is possible to offer frequent and fervent prayer even at the market place or strolling alone. It is possible also in your place of business, while buying or selling, or even while cooking.


Today some of us went to Confession, the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Reading some of St Teresa of Avila this afternoon, I found this apt quote. It describes how I felt after Confession and while praying ~ It constantly happens that the Lord permits a soul to fall so that it may grow humbler. When it is honest, and realizes what it has done, and returns, it makes ever- increasing progress in our Lord's service.


Okay, I don't know about making ever-increasing progress in our Lord's service but at least the intent is there. That prayerful feeling after Confession.


If only I can remember to THINK ~ think BEFORE I speak or act.

4 comments:

Greg said...

I really like both those quotes. St Theresa's is particularly apt for me. I'll sometimes even come out of confession, full of good resolutions, and immediately see someone dressed impossibly daggily and start thinking critical thoughts...I guess that's being human! (Though of course you still have to work against it).

Leonie said...

IK-exactly-WYM!

Chris said...

You have such a good heart. It shines through in your life. I like these quotes too.

Leonie said...

Thanks, Chris, you are so sweet - I really needed that today. My mouth got me into trouble again!

Glad you liked the quotes.