Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Melbourne

A family holiday in Melbourne. Hopefully not a repeat of those National Lampoon Vacation movies!

We brought our once-in-a-blue-moon journals. For writing. For drawing. To make an academic scrapbook of our lives.

Visited the friars in Springvale. Lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant...noodles! I loved all the local shops, the Vietnamese groceries..a mini exploration of its own.

Saw The Jersey Boys. Who knew Frankie Valli sang so many songs? And there is even an education kit for teachers online...

Big Girls Don't Cry.
Hey, maybe my theme song!

Off to mass ..Springvale...parish under the care of the Conventual Franciscans. Reading the Psalms this morning..and this stood out...

Thou, O God, are all my strength..Psalm 42.

My strength. Even when I am on holiday.

No comments: