Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday in the Octave of Easter

This is the stone which was rejected by you builders, but which has become the head of the corner.And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. Acts 4: 11-12

Here are some pictures that I am sharing..From Easter Sunday.































Outside my window. . The night. Dark. Cool. Quiet.

I am thinking. . . About the friends I have seen today. Really enjoyed our conversations. It is these little social interactions that make life pleasant.

I am thankful for. . .Friends!

From the learning rooms. . .Alexander worked on an Italian assignment and helped a friend with her Italian..Thomas did Kumon Maths, read about moral law, the old law and the new, from the Catechism and wrote a report...Anthony updated the Journey North project, read the St Joseph Catechism, discussed confession and typed up a report..Why is it we find more time to undertake formal work in official school holidays, in the octave of Easter, than we do in normal school terms?

From the kitchen. . . Well, I made pikelets for a late breakfast/morning tea with a visitor this morning after mass.. and a quiche to take to a friend's house for a birthday tea...and a salad to accompany Greg's spaghetti bolognaise .

I am wearing. . . A short dress, purple tights and a big black boofy jumper..I am cold! Autumnal cold.

I am creating. . .How I hate these creating links..I am so not creative..well, I am creating texts to friends and carrying on a texting conversation as I type..


I am going. . .To watch another episode of the Numbers TV series, with dh and the kids..I gave dh series five as part of his anniversary gift.


I am reading. . .The Acts of the Apostles, in Eastertide...The Power and the Glory by Grahame Greene, a book re-visit..also re-visiting Secrets of a Former Fat Girl by Lisa Delaney.


I am hoping. . .For discipline and joy...in several areas of my life..I think the two can go together, don't you?

I am hearing. . The drone of the dishwasher..the rhythm of the dryer..the kids talking in the garage about their military simulation game.


Around the house. . .Am caught up with laundry..bedrooms and clutter could do with an overhaul ...but I'll do a Scarlett O'Hara.

One of my favourite things. . .Coffee with friends...can you see a friends theme this Easter?


A few plans for the rest of the week. . . . Catching up with Kumon folders..planning for Teen Group..catching the movie Escape to Witch Mountain.

I am praying for...Vocations..







4 comments:

Chris said...

Thank you for letting us come over and for the help your boys gave to Olivia even though you had such a busy day.

Leonie said...

We ALWAYS love having you over...

Chris said...

That's so nice :)

Fr. Benedict M. said...

that pic of Alexander is quite poignant... a true contemplative side he hides well... praying as I'm filling my plate.. a good eg 2 me!