Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Saints and Food this week...




Tomorrow - St Gerard Majella. Gerry's name day. I'm planning on buying an ice cream cake to help us celebrate this feast day . Why? Because ice cream cake is one of dh's favourite desserts.

Prayer for a Good Confession

St. Gerard, Patron of a Good Confession, who gave courage to souls whom fear and shame had overcome; who gave sorrow to their hearts, resolution to their wills, truth to their faltering lips; help me to make a good confession. Enable me to know my sins, to be truly sorry for them, and to be firmly resolved, with God's grace, never to sin again.
Help me to confess my sins humbly and sincerely, to confess them in the spirit of faith, as confessing them to Our Lord himself.
Stand by me in this confession, O gentle Saint, an angel of God sent to free me from sin. Amen
.

Saturday - St Luke the Evangelist, and son Luke's name day. Mass followed by pancakes for breakfast?
And no blonde moments. I promise!


Luke also has a special connection with the women in Jesus' life, especially Mary. It is only in Luke's gospel that we hear the story of the Annunciation, Mary's visit to Elizabeth including the Magnificat, the Presentation, and the story of Jesus' disappearance in Jerusalem. It is Luke that we have to thank for the Scriptural parts of the Hail Mary: "Hail Mary full of grace" spoken at the Annunciation and "Blessed are you and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus" spoken by her cousin Elizabeth. Catholics Online

No comments: