Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Quiet Morning.

Friday was the close of a busy week. Many appointments, early mornings and late nights.

As a result, we decided to skip homeschool ice skating and just stay home for the morning. A brief respite, considering that the afternoon held pre-poll voting, work for J and A and I and music lessons for T and Anny. Then youth group, picking up a few extra friends to go, Mass and Stations of the Cross. Late dinner....

The morning was pleasant.

And I made a discovery - I just don't like doin' nothin'! lol!

I told the kids they could hang out and do whatever they wanted and Jonathon worked on university assignments - and, me? I ended up using the time to workout, to do laundry, to put dinner in the crock pot, to clean carpets and windows, get rid of cobwebs outside and mop the tiled floor.

My quiet morning ended up being filled by chores. Just couldn't help myself!

Perhaps this activity is a mother's version of quiet? At home....

4 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Wow! You were quite productive!

I know I can rarely do nothing - because I always *see* what needs to be done! LOL!

Leonie said...

Exactly, Maria - and this house there is always a lot that needs doin!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my Friday, except my husband told me NOT to do school and clean the upstairs instead. Oops!

Anonymous said...

Wish I had your energy, Leonie!

Louise in Adelaide