Monday, February 26, 2007

Lenten practices.


During the homily at Mass last night, Fr. mentioned that fasting can be giving up something that is close to our heart, for the period of Lent.
I laughingly said to my dh that I am giving him up for Lent!
I can't. My dh is too cute.
All joking aside, Fr's homily reminded us of the Lenten practices of extra prayer, almsgiving and fasting.
Three important practices for we Christians, as we follow Christ's example. As we journey towards Easter and the attendant celebrations.
Almsgiving is charity. Charity is love.
And charity begins at home.
It is my prayer that I will be a better parent and a better wife . That Lent will be a time of joy for our family; a time to grow closer again.
Is it possible?
Anything is possible with God. :-)

No comments: