Saturday, February 09, 2008

Purple


..is the colour of Lent. Penitential.

Purple, preferably a sombre, dark shade, is worn during the penitential seasons of Advent and Lent. Purple signifies great solemnity, with connotations of both penance and royal dignity.
Adoremus Bulletin


And here is my new purple top ~ very penitential? Not!


I also bought a new purple t-shirt for son Alexander. Purple is his favourite colour and, judging by the winter clothing on display in the stores, for the next season, purple is also a trendy ( in) colour right now.


Trendy and Lenten at the same time. :-)

7 comments:

B3 said...

I thought about wearing purple throughout Lent. I haven't done it though...Hmmm...maybe I'll reconsider:) Love the top!
Blessings,
marianne

Marianne Elizabeth said...

Oops! The previous post was from me. My son must have been blogging! LOL!
marianne

Leonie said...

lol! Its funny when that hapens - I've done the same - posted as a son, accidentally!

Anonymous said...

Purple's one of my favourite colours too; well, a particular aubergine-y kind of purple- orchard, I've seen it called. And my favourite shirt in this colour just died. Sob! I mean it really died and I can't wear it ever again.

Like the shoes!

Leonie said...

Oh, sad about the shirt that died - hate to give away fave things, even when old!

The shoes are old but come in handy for when I want some low hels.

Rachel said...

You look really great! Your taebo-ing really shows!! Purple is a great color for you!

Rach

Leonie said...

You are very sweet, Rachel - thanks!