Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Book Meme

Tagged by Rachel....

Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

Well, I am sitting in Nick's study, in his townhouse in Adelaide. Next to me is one of the books I have bought while here in Adelaide. "How To Eat Like a Hot Chick" by Jodi Lipper and Cerina Vincent.

Deep and meaningful, right ?

But I have to play the meme exactly as I have been tagged. Don't I? I can't run to my bedroom and select a different book ( "Finding Sanctuary : Monastic Steps to Every Day Life" or "Cardinal Galsworthy" or "The Adventures of Diet Girl").

I have to reveal my more shallow side ( well, the Diet Girl book could share equal shallow space here.).

Woe is me.... There are only five sentences on age 123. Obviously the Hot Chick book is extremely erudite. So, I can 't post the next three sentences on that page.

I know. I will turn over a page and post the next three sentenes there.

Uh oh. Hm. Do I really want to? Should I edit?

No, be brave. Play the meme game properly.

The next three sentences, after the fifth sentence on page 123, are ~

Some foods, though, are just plain sexy, and it's totally easy to look unbelievably hot while eating them. We asked around and observed many women, and here for you now are the hottest foods you can find. Eat away bi#$%es.

Very educational and illuminating, I am sure. (And if you want to know the hot foods, they are - fruit, meat, ice cream, french fries and lollipops. Enough said.).

I think I'd better redeem myself and my reading and post the next three lines, after the fifth sentence from page 123, from "Finding Sanctuary". This describes the experience of Pachomius, an early desert father, in creating a community ~

He allowed this to go on for several years, hoping that his humility would inspire them to change their ways but they only abused his kindness all the more and, as the years wore on, they came to despise Pachomius. He finally realised that something had to change, so he gave them a clearly stated description of the way of life he expected them to lead. He laid down clearly how each monk shoud live and in this way created the first monastic rule for community.

This chapter is obviously on communtiy , community as sanctuary and how we must overcome obstacles in community with both love and discipline.

Oh, the final part of the meme states that I must tag five others. I tag Maria,
Cindy , Catholic Mommas, Marie and Hopewell Mom School.

5 comments:

Marie said...

Thanks for your bravery :) Hmmm... do I have any books near me?

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

I'll do this after basketball this morning!

Hopewell said...

How do I tag them? I put hyperlinks in my post [which is going up in a few....]??

Hopewell said...

The book I posted, the Kabul Beauty School, is non-fiction. It's an interesting, easy read.
Not sure I did the tag right--I just did a hyperlink.

Leonie said...

I wasn't sure from the excerpt if it was fiction or non fction, but interesting nontheless! You did the tags right - you can do just hyperlinks or do hyperlinks and go leave a comment on the others' blogs, to let them know they were tagged.