Thursday, March 12, 2009

Scones


Made these at 8.00 a.m. , for 8.30 a.m. Latin Breakfast Club at a friend's house...What a hard life these unschoolers live! Fruit, French toast, sausages, scones with jam/cream/spreads ~ and Latin ~and netball with friends.
Easy Scones ( so easy even I, the horrible cook, can make them)
Preheat oven to 200 Celsius. I actually did this! Woo hoo! Melt 30g butter. Meanwhile whisk one egg until fluffy. Hey, I found and used my whisk.
Combine egg and butter with 2 cups self raising flour and 3/4 cup milk. 'Course I used low fat milk..Mix to a soft dough, knead very lightly on a floured board, pat to to 2-3cm high shape-thing. Cut into rounds, place on a greased or floured tray, brush tops with milk, cook about 15 minutes. Me, upstairs, changing from workout gear into today's clothes, and yelling down to Thomas - "Did you hear the timer? Did you get the scones out? What, you didn't hear it? I heard it from up here! Get those scones out! Wrap 'em in a tea towel to keep 'em soft! "
So, that's how you make easy scones.
Best served hot.
Oh, and we tripled the recipe for our Latin Breakfast.

3 comments:

Hopewell said...

Netball just cracks me up! No backboard, just SWOSH! Sounds like you guys have the ultimate in extra curricular activities down there!

Chris said...

They were yummy. Thank you

molly said...

I love to follow your recipes, but my lame brain, does not easily convert the grams and celsius thing!