Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our strewing the last few days..


What have I strewed - put in the way of the boys' lives, encouraging them in interests and ideas?


Our basket of Lenten activities... a French film in Oxford Street ( oh, dear, with an interesting, to say the least, follow up)...reading from our book of Saints...Wii Sport.....sharing a section from Lent and Easter Wisdom from Pope John Paul II....making a poster on the precepts of the Church..looking up gluten and dairy free recipes and baking a chocolate dairy free gluten free birthday cake* for another homeschooler.... strewing cooking books, books featuring young and/or male cooks .. and strewing dinosaur books in the aftermath of our visit to the Australian Museum... Archery with Homeschool Teen group....Catholic Homeschool meeting..coffee with an older lady I met through hospital, chatting about lives....Stargate Atlantis....discussion on personal Lenten reading, on Ember days, on my missal reading of Saturday in Ember Week ( Flectamus genua - Levate).. ..looking up info on earth tremors and cyclones as a news ninemsn follow up...birthday planning....


I often call unschooling family centred.

I think this idea of family centredness helps take strewing to a new level because we are strewing our lives, ourselves, our time.


Just strewing my time and life.

Almost sounds like a song title!



* Chocolate Cake - Dairy Free Gluten Free But Not Taste Free!

300g dark chocolate1 cup (250ml) orange juice4 eggs separated¾ cup (165g) brown sugar1½ cups (165g) almond meal

Preheat oven to 160°C or 140°C fan-forced. Grease 22cm cake tin.Melt chocolate with orange juice in short bursts in the microwave until smooth.Whisk egg yolks together with sugar till pale and doubled in volume.Fold in chocolate mixture and almond meal.Whisk egg whites to soft peaks and fold into chocolate mixture.Pour into prepared cake tin. Bake for 50 minutes in preheated oven. Remove from oven and refrigerate until cold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your strewing perspective!

What was the film title, if you don't mind my asking? We very much like to watch a movie as a family. Then we are all on the same page for all discussions that follow.

My husband and I, btw, just saw a German film, "The Lives Of Others." We loved it! I don't know you, of course, but I have a feeling you would like it.

Still enjoying your blog! Thank you for writing it. I wish I could post more often.

Kathy

Hopewell said...

I always think, when I read your strewing posts, that it must be fun to be in your house! Foreign Films are unknown here. I'm envious--I have to wait for netflix!

Leonie said...

Hi Kathy! The film was part of the French Film Festival - rated G, a fairy tale, but definitely one questionable bit.