Sunday, March 22, 2009

Four Years Ago....







2009

















2005







Four years ago... we moved to Sydney.We didn't want to be here, didn't want to leave our older sons behind.

Four years ago...we never imagined we would stay IN ONE HOUSE for four years. This is the longest my kids and I have EVER lived in one house.

We have been in Sydney four years. Woo hoo?....A lot has happened in those four years. Good things. Not so good things.

The kids have grown up ~ my youngest son is now thirteen!

And I have grown up, too - I even pre-heated the oven by myself last night, without being told. Definitely Woo hoo!

We have been lucky, no, blessed, here in Sydney, to find good friends, friends who care, friends who don 't judge, friends who have fun... and are lucky, no, blessed, to live in a prayerful parish with friars who support us all with prayers and good works and reverent masses.

Four years.

13 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Congratulations! I can't believe it's been 4 years already! Wow!

Unknown said...

Happy 4 year Anniversary!

Unknown said...

ooops I hit enter too quick.
In our home we hit 9 years! last Sept - the 11th of all days, 1999

I grew up with my dad in the Navy and lived places only a couple years so I know what you mean about feeling weird about living in the same place for so many years.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

It's been a decade since I could say we lived in the same town for 4 years - and that being the only one too! LOL!
Congrats on finding home, on being joyful in your space in the world, and on having such a great spiritual garden to bloom in.

Leonie said...

Yes, I see you all understand..I don 't know if we'll be here for ever but definitely for the enxt three years....

HomeGrownKids said...

Wow, so you'll be there for at least 7 years in total. That's great Leonie! Great that you found good friends and a church home. One day I'd like to be in 'that place'. ;)

Good onya's...the boys are obviously happy about it?

Leonie said...

Yeah, I think they are.I have NEVER in my whole lfe, not even as a child, lived anywehre for 7 years so its a bit freaky, iykwim? Any news re your move?

HomeGrownKids said...

Hmmm, nah, not really but it has gone from a 33.333% chance to staying here to a 60% chance of staying here for another posting...but you know what it's like: until you see it written in triplicate, nothing is really sure. lol

Hopewell said...

You've come a long way, baby! [As the old Virgina Slims ads used to say.] YOu're are looking good. 4 years is a long time in a house these days. I guess that's about as long as I've lasted in each house though I was in the same city for 20 years.

Leonie said...

Susan,l prayers re your move - let me know! Lisa, hope you get to stay in this house for a good long while.

Fr. Benedict M. said...

Just to say that we are blessed to have you in our parish. What would we do without you!!!

Leonie said...

Wow, what a lovely thing to say! Thank you, Fr! :-)

Julie said...

Leonie.....YOU WERE JUST MEANT TO BE HERE !!!!!!!!!