Thursday, May 22, 2008

Two Books







What are you reading?

Right now, I am reading, reading haphazardly, through two books.


Saintly Women of Modern Times by Joan Carroll Cruz. I have read of Elisabetta Tasca Serena, a mother of twelve who still found time to work and provide for her family and to do good works in her parish and community. A great example for me! Except she denied her kids television - my family would revolt! ( So would I! lol!).

Homeschool Open House and the companion volume ~ Homeschooling: A Patchwork of Days. It has been ages since I have read a book on homeschooling - I think the last ones were in 2007, The Latin Centred Curriculum and The Homeschooling Trail and Homeschooling With Gentleness.

I find that the longer I homeschool (which feels like forever now ~ in a nice way, a this-is-how-we-live way), well, then the longer I homeschool the less I tend to read about homeschooling.

Weird for an avid reader.

But I am enjoying re-visiting the Homeschool Days books, reading about families and a typical day. And we ~ our family ~ are featured in one of the books - a description of our day in 1999. We lived in Perth, Western Australia then. With teens, middle kids and little ones. And, yes, we did little formal schoolwork even then - just some maths and writing about a referendum, then errands and play and listening to books on CD and music in the car...


Some things never change.

No comments: