Thursday, June 11, 2009

Brisbane


The Brisbane area was home to the Jagera and Turrbal Aboriginal clans, before the coming of the Europeans.


Brisbane started as a penal settlement.Surveyor General Oxley first surveyed the area in 1823. Oxley was told of a river; he found the river and named the area after the then Governor of New South Wales, Sir Thomas Brisbane.


Today I am exploring Brisbane. By Myself. And I feel like a lady of leisure. Lazy even. Here in Ipswich, gonna do a workout, have breakfast at the motel restaurant, then catch a train to Brisbane. Dh is off to work already - left very early this morning.


I've been to Brisbane before but want to do some more exploring. Shopping. Maybe getting my nails done - dh loves purple nails, that witchy look! Hopefully Mass at the Cathedral. Reading. Catching up on my Kumon maths study ( I am SO industrious!).Texting children ( are you alright? Without me? ..I sound like Eminem..)Meeting dh after work, late tonight. He will drive and meet me in Brisbane for a late dinner ( what else is new?) and maybe a movie.


Right now, am blogging, after a leisurely shower,prayers, reading the papers and while sipping tea.


Feel downright decadent.


Decadent in Brisbane. Or I should say Ipswich.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Leonie I so would love a holiday ... I am however happy for you and the visual you've given is really nice .Thank You , Roxie

Unknown said...

Happy vacation!
That is a beautiful shot of the cathedral.
Very interesting contrasts... the stone with the glass hi rises and a palm tree in the city.
Enjoy!

Kristine said...

witchy!!! ahaha any balconies where you are staying :P.. miss you all will have to catch up before the 4th of July!!! Enjoy Brisbane xo

Leonie said...

lol Kristine! Come over! :-)With purple nails of course..

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Perhaps I shall paint my nails purple today in your honor!

It sounds like a marvelous time - interesting history!