Thursday, July 29, 2010

Some things never change

Last year, on the feast of St Martha, today, July 29, I posted this (below) on my blog.

My.... some things never change. Do they?

Just this week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, I did my Cindy Crawford workouts. And today s tough Results lower body circuit.

Just this week, I thought of changing my phone's ring tone from Lady GaGa to - that's right, you guessed it, Blondie.

And , as always, as I remember St Martha I try to think and pray about getting that balance right, that balance between being and doing, between contemplation and busyness...And I remember ora et labora. And this post.

At Mass this morning, Mass for St Martha, Fr. mentioned something like ~ Some of us are called to be contemplatives. Some are called to action. Some to a balance of both. Whatever we are called to, we do it all for God.

Nice thought, as we remember St Martha.

O blessed St. Martha, your faith led Jesus to proclaim, "I am the resurrection and the life"; and faith let you see beyond his humanity when you cried out, "Lord I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God." With firm hope you said, I know that God will give you whatever you ask of him, and Jesus called your brother Lazarus back from the dead. With pure love for Jesus you welcomed him into your home. Friend and servant of our Savior, I too am "troubled about many things." (Pause for silent prayer.) Pray for me that I may grow in faith, hope and love, and that Jesus, who sat at your table, will hear me and grant me a place at the banquet of eternal life. Amen.

We are all fighting the sniffles and colds. Poor dh has had a terrible cough..getting better now! I am sure the soup I made and the chocolate and crisps I bought him have helped, have cheered him up! Just call me St Martha, even Martha Stewart, Queen of the Kitchen!

Saint Martha is called by the French
la travailleuse de Dieuthe worker for God; this we know she was always and in more ways than one. The Italians know her asl'albergatrice de Cristothe hostess of Christ.

She is the patron of cookery and of housewives. We all know the familiar story of how, as she was busy with preparing the dinner, her sister Mary sat at the feet of their Guest and listened to His words of love and wisdom.

My workout today, my St Martha's day workout?
Cindy Crawford The Next Challenge. I adore this workout. Challenge it is - a fantastic workout, great scenery, cool music (Deborah Harry ~ Looking on The Outside) , lots of jumps and kicks and cardio sparks with three full sets of abs and a killer upper body and chest sequence. Guess who will be feeling it tomorrow?

This Martha..Wanting to work and pray like St Martha, to be a worker for God and to follow in her footsteps as a hostess, serving Christ...Wanting to look like Cindy Crawford in her workouts, fit and healthy...Wanting to dress like Deborah Harry and sing along with Blondie..

Hey, found this WikiHow article ~
How To Dress Like Deborah Harry.

Wear simple plain tops in bright colors with belts around the middle.
Put leggings under 3/4 lengths or mini skirts. Try animal prints; they were a big thing in the 80's. Leggings are coming back into fashion for fall and winter 2006.
Wear dolly shoes, knee high boots or converse for shoes.
Wear bright red lipstick.
Wear your hair really messy or flipped out.
Mini dresses are your friend!

No comments: