Sunday, March 21, 2010

Time

We must no longer reckon this time as our own; we should feel that God will have the right to call us to account for it unless we render it entirely to Him. St Teresa of Avila, The Way of Perfection.
We give our time to God. We also make time for family and friends.

I am fresh from a time out. A weekend in Melbourne, for work (great Kumon conference), for catching up with friends (time out from every day life) , for prayer ( Stations of the Cross).

St Teresa of Avila talks of taking time for lawful duties; to be honest, most of my usual week is spent in these duties , busily trying to sandwich prayer into and amongst those duties.

But you know, as the Saint says, God is not exacting; He is liberal, not exacting about His dues; however heavy our debts may be, He easily remits them in order to win us.

As we love God, give him His due, give Him our time and our life, we realise that He is generous ..He gives us time to do all we ought..time for lawful duties ..and for some recreation, too.

What a great favour God does to those He places in the company of good people...St Teresa again.

We learn a lot from conferences..and from prayer..and from friends. I have been blessed to be given the company of good people, people who love me as I am but who also encourage me to grow and to be more. People who don't let me off the hook.

We talk, we laugh, we cry...and we encourage one another in our vocations.

In Melbourne, I went to Stations of the Cross with a friend. And we talked of family and life and liturgy. I went to the Kumon conference and learned more about instructing children to reach their potential, reaching every child. And talked with other Supervisors about their centres, about children and learning..and, late at night in the bar, about life and work and the balancing act.

I went to see the movie Blind Side. And cried and laughed .

I shared my life and listened to the life of a friend.

Beth You're changing that boys life.
Leigh Anne Touhy No, he's changing mine. (From the movie.)

Yes, our friends, our good company, change us and our lives.

I try to give my time to God; and He has blessed me by placing me in the company of good people. With love.

It is love alone that gives worth to all things. St Teresa of Avila.

No comments: