Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas meme


Tagged by Basia. And I tag Cindy.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, depends on time and present. I also like cute boxes in which to put presents...


2. Real tree or artificial? I prefer real, dh prefers artificial - less mess he says. Dh normally wins - Xmas is not the time for an argument, is it?? - I sneak a real tree in occasionally and a priest friend, in one of the areas in which we have lived, and who sympathized with my real tree affection, used to give me a real Christmas tree every year, as a present. :-)


3. When do you put up the tree? Some time during Advent - no set time, depends on our life, on where we live, on if we are going away....


4. When do you take the tree down? Some time after the Epiphany - again depending on life and its little curves.


5. Do you like eggnog? Oh, gosh, just the thought of it makes me feel sick!


6. Favourite gift received as a child? A desk, the top opened up, with a world map on the desk surface. I was about nine years old and felt very grown up.


7. Do you have a Nativity scene? We have several. So sweet ~ would like to buy another "good" one.


8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. He has very specific tastes. And we buy stuff for him all year round!


9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A recycled gift. I'll say no more, to protect a possible reader...


10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both. You know why - it depends!


11. Favourite Christmas Movie? Oh, so many to choose from! Maybe "Home Alone". Or "Trapped in Paradise" . Or "Its a Wonderful Life". Or "The Nativity" - last year's favourite. "Christmas With the Kranks" ?


12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I buy little things throughout the year and then leave most things, including food, for a just-before-Xmas shop with the crowds.


13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, I think that's a bit tasteless. Sorry!



14. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Not sure I have a favourite - maybe fruit mince tarts? Or Xmas cake with a a vintage cheese....


15. Clear lights or coloured on the tree? Coloured. If we do lights that year.


16. Favorite Christmas song? Gaudate. Absolute fave. Hands down.


17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? It varies. It depends. ( Can you see that my Xmases, like my life, are flexible? lol!).


18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Only if I sing the song, too! "Come Dancer, Come Prancer," etc.


18.Tree or star on top of the tree? It varies. You knew I was gonna say that, didn't you?This year,we have an angel on the little tree and a star on the bigger tree.


20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve when I was a kid. Christmas morn now...


21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Don't know if there is anything annoying - I love Advent and Xmas, both the spiritual and the commercial!


22. Best thing about this time of year? Oh, all the fun, all the prayers, all the Masses, all the shopping, the photos, the plans, the cooking, the eating, the giving, the joy, the sharing, the spirit....









4 comments:

Hopewell said...

While the movie was fun, be sure to read the book "Skipping Christmas" even funnier than the on-screen Kranks!

Leonie said...

Oh, I really like that book - its in our Xmas book pile. Sad at the end, though....

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Leonie!! You and your crew are in my prayers. Btw, we both have hard to shop for dh's ;-)

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Merry, Merry Christmas, dear Leonie - to you and yours!

All our love!