Saturday, August 18, 2007

Unschooling and Planning 2
















In my last post I mentioned the gathering of ideas and the blend of serendipity within unschooling.


What to do with all the ideas?


I have folders on my computer, Favourites, for reference.


I have a cupboard of files, in the kitchen.


Why the kitchen?


Simply because that is where I spend a lot of time, the kitchen and family room area. So, having our ideas files and homeschooling log handy is a necessity, for me. It's the only way all this will be used!


Our homeschooling log for this year is kept in a green display holder. I designed the log to represent our learning for State requirements while simultaneously being an easy to keep log. I can circle categories and add extra comments if I so desire, at the end of a day or week..



This log serves as both lesson plans and journal of learning ~ a post programming , organic form of lesson plans, if you like. Observing the flow and adding more, related items to the mix of strewing..Strewing ideas and objects and events....Keeping records....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! It makes it clearer how you record what your kids do. Makes for a faster record and much easier to prove to state how requirements are met. Kids do so many cool things in rapid fire; You don't want to say "Wait, wait, Mommy has to write a paragraph and think of which subject this discussion is to filed under." *grinz* Something to remember when my sons grow older

Genevieve

Leonie said...

Well, this method is working for us this year - it is simple and quick and easy to do - something I need when its really busy! I can eamil you a copy if you'd like....

Jane Ramsey said...

That is a great idea for record keeping, Leonie! I'm going to type up something similar, instead of having to write everything out.

Leonie said...

Let me know if you'd like a copy!